Most people have an inkling that they may be an aspiring former lawyer, but sometimes they haven’t quite admitted it to themselves yet. If you’re a lawyer and you agree with one or more of the statements below, you are probably an aspiring former lawyer.
- I hate billing my time.
- I feel dread when I see a new email pop into my work inbox.
- I have at least once Googled some form of the following phrases: “hate being a lawyer,” “alternative careers for lawyers,” “leaving the law,” “non-law jobs for lawyers,” “what can I do with a law degree,” etc.
- My legal career is nothing like I imagined it would be.
- I didn’t really know what being a lawyer would be like, and I wish I had known.
- I dream of chucking it all and opening a coffee shop/yoga studio/landscaping business/wilderness adventure company or similar.
- My friends are sick of hearing me complain about my job.
- I’m sick of hearing me complain about my job.
- My dog is sick of hearing me complain about my job. (Impossible!)
- I regret going to law school.
- I feel trapped in my job as a lawyer.
If you agreed with one or more of these statements, then welcome, friend! You are in the right place. Subscribe to our email list and follow us on the socials and let’s get you headed in the right direction.