On today’s show, Sarah talks with Maria Phillis, former lawyer turned doctor (ob/gyn, to be specific).
In this interview, Maria shares:
- Why getting laid off during the big crash of ’08/’09 wasn’t a terrible thing in retrospect;
- Why loving trial work wasn’t enough to keep her in the law;
- How she challenged herself to prove that she was truly interested in med school while still working as a lawyer;
- Why she doesn’t regret taking the path that she took (even though it meant even more student loans);
- Why she thinks it’s so hard for lawyers particularly to allow themselves to think about making a career change; and
- Why brutal honesty about what you actually want is essential if you’re thinking about leaving the law.
Connect with Maria:
Get Sarah’s free guide, “First Steps to Leaving the Law,” today, at https://formerlawyer.com/guide!
Follow Former Lawyer: