On today’s show, Sarah talks with Nicolle Neulist, a former lawyer who went from lawyer, to information security consultant and analyst, to writing about horse-racing.
In this conversation, Nicolle shares about:
- Realizing during law school that law was not a good fit;
- Leaving the law after less than a year as a lawyer;
- Internally dancing a jig when being laid off during the 2009 contraction of the legal industry;
- Being willing to accept having law school debt forever in exchange for not hating your job;
- The mindset most lawyers have about how their career should go that holds them back from considering other options;
- Why you need to learn to listen to yourself when it comes to your job and career;
- and much more!
Connect with Nicolle on Twitter!
Take the guesswork out of your first steps to leaving the law by grabbing Sarah’s free guide at formerlawyer.com/guide!