On today’s show, Sarah talks with Stacy Mikulik. Stacy is a former lawyer who is now a jewelry designer and the owner of grace + hudson jewelry.
In this conversation, Stacy shares:
- The danger of paying too much attention to what other people are saying about your career without listening to yourself as well;
- Why law school was a bad fit for her from the start;
- The confusion she felt about why anyone would want to be a biglaw associate;
- How inspiration from a shop she visited on vacation propelled her into the world of jewelry-making;
- The lessons she learned from opening her first jewelry store and why she’s thankful that she did it even though she ultimately closed it;
- What it was like to run a brick & mortar store while also working as a lawyer, and why she didn’t enjoy running a store;
- How that experience helped her appreciate certain aspects of working as a lawyer;
- Why she is a proponent of therapy for unhappy lawyers;
- How being thoughtful about what success truly means for you can help you clarify what you really want to do with your life;
- and much more!
Take the guesswork out of your first steps to leaving the law by grabbing Sarah’s free guide at formerlawyer.com/guide!
Learn more and pre-order the Jump Start mini-course at formerlawyer.com/jumpstart!