In Episode 010 of The Former Lawyer Podcast, Sarah talks with Francesca Chang. While in law school, Francesca realized that she didn’t want to practice law, and instead travels and works as a freelance travel writer and marketing consultant.
In this conversation, Francesca shares about:
- How she chose to go to law school because she thought it would be a way to contribute to social change;
- How she realized in law school that the legal profession was not for her, but deciding to finish law school and take the bar anyway;
- The pushback she received from the law students and lawyers around her once she decided not to pursue a legal career, and her strategy for dealing with negative responses;
- Why student loan debt from law school didn’t hold her back from leaving the law behind;
- How she remarketed herself after law school to get a job doing digital marketing for lawyers and legal tech;
- How she relocated to Taiwan with her husband and landed jobs doing digital marketing for a tour company and travel writing for the Tourism Bureau of Taiwan;
- Her advice to people looking to make a career change into digital marketing;
- Why you need to be comfortable with the fact that leaving the law and finding what you want to do is a process;
- Why changing careers was worth the risk;
- and much more!
Connect with Francesca:
Take the guesswork out of your first steps to leaving the law by grabbing Sarah’s free guide at formerlawyer.com/guide!
Connect with Former Lawyer:
- Website: https://formerlawyer.com/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/formerlawyer
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/formerlawyerpod
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/formerlawyerpod
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/former-lawyer