In Episode 014 of The Former Lawyer Podcast, Sarah talks with Jennifer Alvey. Jennifer left the law for a career in legal publishing, and now works as a career coach for lawyers and others looking to make a career change.
In this conversation, Jennifer shares about:
- Her progression from thinking she just didn’t like her particular legal job to realizing she didn’t want to be a lawyer at all;
- How she found her first job in legal publishing;
- Why writing for a legal publication was completely different from typical legal writing;
- How her blog, which started as a fun side project, turned into an actual business;
- Why career coaching can only take you so far;
- Why she felt shame about leaving her legal career, and how she dealt with it;
- Why you need to have non-lawyer friends;
- and much more!
- Get Sarah’s free guide, First Steps to Leaving the Law
- Connect with Jennifer on her blog, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter