In Episode 019 of The Former Lawyer Podcast, Sarah talks with Morgan Hall. Morgan left legal practice after 4 1/2 years and is now a sales executive at a tech company.
In this conversation, Morgan shares about:
- Why she’s “happier than ever” working in sales;
- Being raised to think that her only three career options were doctor, lawyer, or engineer;
- Being pushed in the direction of becoming a lawyer because she had a strong personality and “liked to argue,”
- Hating law school, but thinking that was normal;
- Why worrying about looking like a quitter kept her in law school, even though she was unhappy;
- Disliking her first job after law school, but thinking at first that she just needed to find a different lawyer job;
- How she dealt with others not understanding why she wanted to leave;
- How generational differences regarding the perception of work complicate these conversations;
- The most important thing to remember when considering leaving the law;
- Dealing with the reality of having a large amount of student loan debt;
- and much more!
- Get Sarah’s free guide, First Steps to Leaving the Law
- Connect with Morgan on LinkedIn or Instagram
- Buy the Former Lawyer Jump Start