In Episode 023 of The Former Lawyer Podcast, Sarah talks with Ami Watkin. Ami is a self-described “recovering corporate attorney,” and the co-founder of Integrated Hustle, a career and business coaching firm.
In this conversation, Ami shares about:
- Deciding to go to law school in the aftermath of the financial crash of 2008;
- Making the choice to go to law school because at the age of 24 she thought “I like smart people, I’m smart, and I want to make six-figures”;
- Knowing that she didn’t want to stay in biglaw forever, but not knowing what she was going to do next;
- Pulling her first all-nighter (and many more) in biglaw;
- Moving to a smaller firm in order to get some breathing space and time to think about what she really wanted to do next;
- Loving networking, and how she used that love in order to figure out what was next for her;
- Her best advice for how to network with ease if you want to leave the law;
- How the idea for Integrated Hustle grew organically out of what she was already doing;
- The number one thing she thinks you should do if you’re ready to leave the law;
- and much more!