After 20 years of working as a lawyer at the Department of Labor, Annette Choti decided to take the leap into digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) for lawyers.
Meet Former Lawyer Annette Choti
Annette Choti is President of Law Quill, a Legal Marketing Agency focusing on small and solo law firms. Law Quill is the only Legal Marketing Agency to offer small and solo law firms unique SEO content, pre-packaged content and courses so lawyers can help themselves with their own SEO.
Annette helps small and solo law firms increase their digital footprint and online visibility to gain more clients. She has written over 3 million words of online legal content for hundreds of law firms throughout the United States and Canada
Annette has been honored to have nationally published works in USA Today, Market Watch, and on The Today Show online. She is currently a weekly contributor to Evolve the Law online.
In this episode, Annette shares about:
- Not loving her job as a lawyer and wanting something else, but no knowing what that was.
- Choosing to go to law school after going to grad school for theater and film because she didn’t think she could make a living otherwise.
- Why she willingly traded more money for better work-life balance.
- Feeling stifled in her role because there was no room for creativity or injecting personality.
- Stumbling upon blog writing for law firms as a possible alternative career after a friend suggested it to her.
- Falling in love with the world of digital marketing and SEO and getting to the point where she was essentially working a second job.
- Her husband, who saw that she wasn’t happy in what they called “beige world,” telling her that he thought she should jump.
- Why she isn’t naturally a risk-taker, and why entrepreneurship works for her anyway.
- How finding an alternative career was a process and not a single “aha!” moment.
- How law school sets us up to believe that our jobs can’t be easy and fun, and why she now finds her job both easy and fun.