Want to explore the possibility of leaving the law?
Get my free guide – First Steps to Leaving the Law – in your inbox today!
When you sign up for the guide, you’ll also get emails from me about new podcast episodes and Former Lawyer resources. Not your thing? Unsub in one click.
This guide is for you if you’re a lawyer who wishes they could do any of the following…
- Explore what alternative careers for lawyers might be right for you
- Find a non-legal job and use your law degree in a non-practicing role so that you can quit law
- Consider leaving law because you are burned out
- Change careers to something other than legal practice
- Quit law and find a career that better aligns with your unique priorities and values
- Look for a second career that is more fulfilling
- Quit your job (whether you’re a lawyer in-house, in a small, mid-, or biglaw firm, public service, government, or anywhere else)
If you hate being a lawyer, or are just curious about exploring non-legal jobs with your JD, this free guide is a great place to start!
Hi there! I’m Sarah.
I practiced law for 10 years, first as a Biglaw litigator, and later at a state court of appeals (with a brief interlude in legal publishing).
In 2018, my husband and I paid off our (double!) law school loans and I left the law for good.
I created Former Lawyer to help other lawyers, like me, who discover that they don’t want to practice law, but don’t know what to do next.